Sunday, August 25, 2013

Regardless of how quickly you initially bounce back after having a baby (thanks, in part, to breastfeeding and other post-delivery hormonal shifts that boost metabolism), theres usually an inevitable plateau of wont-budge pounds with which youll have to contend.

But lets get one thing straight: Were promoting being healthy, feeling good about yourself and instilling good habits, rather than perpetuating some unattainable, unrealistic standard here.

I recently provided a few tips on the topic, but as many moms know, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to reclaiming your pre-baby body. So why not ask the experts themselves?

Here are a few strategies for success that helped these fit-minded moms get back in the saddle.

Lindsey, mother of two, in Oregon:

First, I ate a balanced breakfast to ward off the temptation to mindlessly graze on my childrens goldfish. Second, just get moving! I did Stroller Strides, and the incorporation of intervals, cardio and resistance training all while sweating it out with other moms was awesome. Finally, dont feel guilty for cutting a chunk out of your busy and hectic day tofocus on your own health and happiness.

Aleksandra, mother of one, in Michigan:

Initially after I had my son, I allowed myself the time to adjust to a new role and didnt worry about my body or weight. Once I had a good handle on my new life, I began meal planning to take the stress out of what to eat. It keeps me eating well even when I cant squeeze a workout in, and it got me back to my pre-pregnancy weight fast. Our bodies can do amazing things with the right fuel!

Katie, mother of two, in Oregon:

I have two tips for getting your pre-baby body back: First, eat well and exercise (if possible) during your pregnancy. Swimming is a great cardiovascular work-out for later stages of pregnancy because its low-impact. Second, nursing has many health benefits for mom and baby, AND it burns a ton of calories!

Danielle, mother of two, in Hong Kong:

Having No. 2 and keeping up with both of them cuts down on your meals and keeps you on the run!

Crystal, mother of two, in Oregon:

With my first, I went on walk/jogs just about every day; the key is to have a good stroller. The second time around, we joined a gym, and I do barre and swim. In all honesty, though, the weight came off because my boys loved to nurse. Sucked it right out of me!

Claire, mother of three, in North Carolina:

Find something you love and make time to do it! Yoga is such an integral part of my life, and its providing so much benefit, I always make the time to practice. I can honestly say that beyond the way its transformed my body, yoga has helped me to become a better parent, spouse and friend. Whether an early morning class or late evening, I make it fit with my crazy family and work schedule. Hey, who couldnt benefit from a little namaste in their lives?!

Hilary, mother of one, in California:

If youre a mom who exercises intensely and is used to mega-calorie-burning workouts, breastfeeding doesnt compare. It does burn calories, so its a nice little addition, especially when youre slowly getting back into shape. But, exercise and diet should still be considered important and necessary if a mother wants her pre-baby body to return.

Megan, mother of three, in Oregon:

I have two things that keep me on track: One, I always eat a protein-packed breakfast. I try to fuel myself before the kids get up or else Im rushed and frazzled and dont take the time to be intentional about food. And two, I play with the kids! We have dance parties, run around outside playing games, take tons of power walks and are just a really active family.

Cara, mother of one, in California:

The hardest thing about squeezing in exercise time post-baby isthe baby! You cant just throw on your shoes and head out for a run on a whim anymore. A fat loss review can help you construct a clear outline of what you demand to focus on to accomplish your fat burning objective if you're a novice; or serve as a reminder for these who are at an advanced or more boost level of their losing weight plan. Promptly after are seven steps that can serve as methods for your personal weight loss system. The first thing that one must understand is that losing weight and losing fat is not the same thing. Many weight loss plans have misled people into thinking that it is the same, but most diets and weight loss plans only work by causing a person's body to reduce more muscle tissue and water than actual body fat, more help please visit The Fat Loss Factor. I find it helpful to plan ahead and commit to specific fitness activities, whether its a stroller power walk with other moms or a mommy & baby yoga class. Having other new moms to do activities with is also great because you motivate each other to follow through with fitness dates, you can bond over your new life, and no one judges when your baby has a meltdown! Another tip is to look for classes that you can bring the baby to, such as yoga, pilates and Stroller Strides. Its fun bonding time with your little one, and theres no childcare excuse!

Hilary, mother of one, in Massachusetts:

I started Pure Barre around six months because I couldnt do anything high impact while nursing. I joined a Baby Boot Camp class, too. My husband actually gave me the sessions as a Mothers Day gift, and it was GREAT!

Melissa, mother of two, in Oregon:

Find a girlfriend and work out together. It keeps me accountable, and you get your girl time in, too. There is no way that I would wake up at 5:30 to go for a run if I didnt have a girlfriend waiting to meet me!

Kelly, mother of three, in Michigan:

First and foremost, be patient. I use the same rule-of-thumb as I do for breakups: Getting over it can (and should) take at least 1.5 times the amount of time it took to get into it. Everyones different, and it takes time, so eat clean and keep working on it little by little, and youll get to where you want to be. I do think its important to note that even if youre dedicated to your body, mental health and happiness are much more important than looking like you didnt have a baby especially when youve just brought a person into the world, and double especially when you are on your third or fourth month of not sleeping through a single night!

Liza, mother of three, in Oregon:

I take it slow and start out with some hilly walks around the area, and gradually work back into some runs. I love the workouts on TV On Demand, too! Its easy because its in your house, and you can pause it if you need to change a dirty diaper.

Thanks to all the lovely moms who contributed their two cents!


  • Baby Babble

    www.babble.com/baby

    You already know that its important to talk to your baby often, but how you talk to her is equally as important. Science of Kids columnist Heather Turgeon makes ...


  • MSN Living Facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/MSNLiving

    MSN Living. 74,987 likes 2,230 talking about this.


  • Printable Coupons Deal Seeking Mom

    dealseekingmom.com

    Printable coupons, freebies, deals, and more to help you save big so you can live large on less!


  • Fit Yummy Mummy

    www.fityummymummy.com

    For Mom's eyes only... How To Get The SEXY Back In "Sexy Mama!" After gaining 50 pregnancy pounds and getting doctors orders to STOP gaining weight... how a ...


  • Mom Babble

    www.babble.com/mom

    Your destination for parenting, beauty, home, food, travel and entertainment brought to you by the best voices online.


  • Pregnancy Week by Week: Body Changes Baby Development -

    www.medicinenet.com/pregnancy/article.htm

    Learn what to expect week by week during the three phases of pregnancy (1st, 2nd, 3rd trimester). Find out what changes in your body to expect and how your baby will ...


  • Dove Skin Care, Hair Care, Body Cleansers, Lotions & Beauty Tips

    www.dove.usOffers Bar/Body Wash Hair Products Contact Us

    Dove provides skin care, hair care, body lotions, hand creams, body wash, bar soap and deodorant. Visit the Dove site to see our entire line of hair and skin care ...


  • Man Arrested In Kaylie Bailey Death: Baby Of Kansas Mom

    www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/09/man-arrested-in-kaylie-bailey...

    May 09, 2013 Man Arrested In Kaylie Bailey Death: Baby Of Kansas Mom Presumed Dead


  • WeSmirch

    www.wesmirch.com

    Never miss another hot celeb story! The juiciest celebrity news from all around the web on a single page.


  • Premature baby 'left to die' by doctors after mother gives birth ...

    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211950

    Sep 10, 2009 Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday. Sarah Capewell begged them to save ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment