Saturday, January 7, 2017

Every Saturday in the summer, my husband and I have a tradition of walking up to our local famer's market and stocking up on our produce for the week! I love my fruits and veggies, but I get so angry at the supermarket when the local, organic produce is twice the cost of its' international, pesticide-laced counterpart. For this, and many other reasons, I love summer Farmer's Markets! Local, (mainly) organic produce abounds at a fraction of the cost and you can actually meet the farmers and ask them about their farming methods! If you've never been, you've got to experience it at least once this summer!

Here is a list of local Colorado Springs farmer's markets running from now until mid-October:

Monday, 7:00 -1:30
Acacia Park on Bijou & Nevada Streets

Thursday, 7:00 -1:30
Memorial Park - East Pikes Peak Avenue & Union Boulevard

Friday,7:00-1:00 5225 East Platte Avenue

Saturday, 7:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
24th Street & West Colorado Avenue

Saturday, 7:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
4515 Barnes Road

==> Read more great health tips at my fitness blog!

Now, I'd like to share with you my secrets for maximizing your trip to the farmer's market!

1.) Browse through the entire market first comparing prices and bargaining with vendors. Don't lowball them, but see if you can buy multiples for less (i.e. - 6 eggplants for $2.50).

2.) Ask the vendors if they have any 'ripe' sections that are discounted. I love to stock up on super ripe tomatoes and make my spaghetti sauce for the year

3.) My best tip: Go at the end of the listed time. Vendors typically dramatically drop their prices at the end of the day in order to move product. The trick to this is that you have to time it just right. Even though it says they're open until 1:30, most vendors are gone at that time. A fat reduction overview can help you establish a clear describe of what you need to focus on to carry out your fat loss goal if you're a rookie; or serve as a reminder for the ones who are at an advanced or more enhance phase of their weight loss strategy. Following are seven steps that can serve as tips for your own weight loss plan. The first thing that one must understand is that losing weight and losing fat is not exactly the same thing. Many weight loss programs have misled people into wondering that it is the same, but most diets and weight loss applications only work by resulting in a person's body to lose more muscle tissue and water than actual body fat, more help please visit The Fat Loss Factor. I typically go an hour before closing, roam around and wait for the vendors to start shouting out their new prices. I typically am able to get everything I want for 1/2-1/3 of the already discounted price!

So, get out there and enjoy the farmer's market experience this summer! My personal favorite is the one on Saturday morning in Old Colorado City. However, if you want to miss the crowd, I recommend Thursday's at Memorial Park. Here's to a healthy summer and sustainable future!

Find out more health tips at www.3117training.com!


  • Hot head, fatigue, painful spots on head - Neurology - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/Hot-head--fatigue--painful-spots...

    Hello, I have been dealing with this problem for 2 months now. My head feels as though I have high fever, but my body does not have a fever, I have taken my ...


  • The Hot Yoga Spot - Albany, New York - Fitness Center, Yoga ...

    https://www.facebook.com/TheHotYogaSpot

    The Hot Yoga Spot, Albany, New York. 1,726 likes 49 talking about this 1,999 were here.


  • Canadian Golden Retrievers - Hot Spots

    canadiangoldens.com/content.php?18-Hot-Spots

    My first two Golden Retrievers have had more than their fair share of Hot Spots. Hopefully you are luckily enough to have a Golden Retriever who has never had own of ...


  • Dog Dry Skin Treat Itchy Skin, Dog Hot Spots, Cracked Paw

    www.mydogdryskin.com

    Help for your dog dry skin, dog sores, and common dog skin problems. Relieve your dog of itching, scratching, and skin irritations with natural remedies.


  • Healthy Hits the Spot

    www.healthyhitsthespot.com

    Hi everyone! Its Saturday night, and Ive just finished packing for Catalina . So many vacations this Summer! Stay up to date on my facebook page and my instagram


  • Dr. Dog Health Care Skin, Itch, Hot Spot and Paw Care

    www.doctordog.com

    Dr. Dog Dog and Cat Products - Dog Skin, Itch, Hot Spots and Paw Care


  • DC Hot Spots Facebook

    https://www.facebook.com/dchotspots

    DC Hot Spots. 2,512 likes 104 talking about this.


  • Hot Spot Remedies - E A R T H . C L I N I C - Holistic Health

    www.earthclinic.com/Pets/hot_spots.html

    The Best Natural Remedies to Cure Hot Spots in Dogs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment