Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Weight loss is hard. It is an emotional battle as well as a physical battle. Kriss Johnson faces those emotional hurdles as she continues her weight-loss battle. Kriss won the Atlantas Biggest Loser title back in November of 2010, when she lost 34 lbs and 12% bodyfat. She continued in another contest Gwinnetts Losing It! where she lost another 19 lbs and 8% bodyfat. And her journey continues. Like most Americans who find themselves overweight or obese, Kriss has found out that the hardest part of losing weight is the emotional obstacles she faces every day.

Kriss, 59, reached her highest weight back in 2008 when she decided after almost 40 years that it was time to quit smoking. Prior to that, she weight 230 lbs, which was her heaviest weight. By the end of 2008, she had ballooned to 270 lbs. I was tired of being depressed whenever I went somewhere. I would look at other women and want to cry. How could I have allowed myself to get this way? I wanted to take the weight off, but had such an addiction to sweets and other fattening foods that I would basically give up and resign myself to the fact that I would die fat.

Kriss is proud of her accomplishments during Atlantas Biggest Loser competition, I felt empowered. I was excited, but I also knew I was far from being done. At the same time, I felt very alone when it was finished. Even though I was honored to be the winner, I still felt like I had a long way to go. When Kriss entered Gwinnetts Losing It!, she wanted this contest to go deeper, I wanted to know what actually was causing me to gain weight. A fat loss overview can help you establish a clear describe of what you need to focus on to accomplish your fat reduction goal if you're a novice; or serve as a reminder for those who are at an advanced or more advance stage of their losing weight plan. Promptly after are seven steps that can serve as tips for your special weight loss system. The first thing that one must understand is that losing weight and losing fat is not a similar thing. Many weight loss programs have misled people into considering that it is the same, but most diets and weight loss programs only work by resulting in a person's body to burn more muscle tissue and water than actual body fat, more help please visit The Fat Loss Factor. Yes, I wanted to win, but more importantly, I wanted to be better informed, both nutritionally and mentally. I felt if I could get to the root of my weight problem, then I could actually lose the weight for good.

Kriss is continuing on her path to good health. She continues to work out consistently. I want to get totally off my medications and walk tall and proud. I want my weight to be down to 160 with my bodyfat consistent with that weight. I want muscles, not love handles, and I want smiles, not frowns. Kriss ran her first 5K in February and another one in April. She would like to do more races in the future after losing more weight. She also made her own fitness gym in her garage complete with an elliptical machine, cardio glide, exercise ball, weights and weight bench.

Kriss is an inspiration to many in her contests and her life. She continues to inspire the people around her, but knows in the end, its up to her: It is all up to me to make my dreams happen and I am well on my way. No rush, just positive outlook, feelings and determination. Congratulations Kriss for your determination and good luck on your healthy journey!

For more weight loss struggle success stories, click the "Subscribe" button above or visit our Facebook fanpage for daily tips, inspiration and recipes.


  • MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

    www.minimins.com

    Weight loss support forum, to help others lose weight with various different diets. A large community of people trying to lose weight on their Weight Loss Journey.


  • Tom Venuto - Burn The Fat Inner Circle

    www.burnthefat.com

    From The Desk Of Kyle Battis, Manager, Burn The Fat Inner Circle . Dear Friend, The success stories just keep pouring in. The amazing before and after photos and ...

  • Entertainment News, Celebrity and Pop Culture - ABC News

    abcnews.go.com/entertainment

    Get the latest entertainment news, celebrity interviews and pop culture pulse on movies, TV and music and more at ABCNews.com.

  • Beachbody Success Stories

    www.beachbodysuccessstories.com

    Before and after photos and stories of men and women everywhere who have had success using Beachbody programs like P90X, Insanity, TurboFire and more!

  • Topic Galleries -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

    www.sun-sentinel.com/topic

    Topic galleries provide easy access to stories and photos about people, places, organizations, events and subjects of interest to you. They bring together rich ...

  • Health News & Articles Healthy Living - ABC News

    abcnews.go.com/health

    Get the latest health news from Dr. Richard Besser. Here you'll find stories about new medical research, the latest health care trends and health issues that affect ...

  • Losin Fat Diva to Skinny Diva, Weight loss to healthy and getting ...

    https://www.facebook.com/FatDiva2SkinnyDiva

    Losin Fat Diva to Skinny Diva, Weight loss to healthy and getting fit. 40,388 likes 7,502 talking about this. Hi everyone!!! Welcome to my Facebook page. I made ...

  • New Jersey Sports News, Blogs, Photos, Scores & More - NJ.com

    www.nj.com/sports

    Get breaking news on New Jersey high school, college and professional sports. Find scores, statistics, photos, videos and join the forum discussions at NJ.com.

  • Quick Weight Loss - Lose 20 lbs of Fat in 30 Days With the Slow ...

    www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-

    Fat Loss via Better Science and Simplicity It is possible to lose 20 lbs. of bodyfat in 30 days by optimizing any of three factors: exercise, diet, or

  • Diet with Hashimoto Disease - Weight Loss & Dieting - MedHelp

    www.medhelp.org/posts/Weight-Loss--Dieting/Diet-with-Hashimoto...

    This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment